Who is eligible to apply to the Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Program?
- Entering freshmen must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Community college transfer students must have completed at least 48 hours of transferable community college courses applicable to a bachelor's degree at MSU with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Competitive applicants are expected to have an ACT composite score of 28 or a SAT composite score of 1250.
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or better.
- Excellent leadership and service activities.
- A passion for teaching.
- All MET participants will also be in the Shackouls Honors College. Therefore, applicants must also complete the Shackouls application.